Sunday 15 April 2012

Tips








      Since I’ve already stated why I chose this topic, the benefits of the healthier life, my goals, healthy snacks, and memberships something that I feel I am missing is tips. Everybody loves to have some extra information that can benefit them and these are some perfect examples.

  •  Raise your breathing and heart rates and that strengthen your muscles.
  • Help kids and teens be active for at least 1 hour a day. Include activities that raise their breathing and heart rates and that strengthen their muscles and bones.

·         Don't keep junk food in the house. You cannot eat what isn't there.

·         Drink water or diet soda instead of snacking.

·         Move – not only will you not be snacking, but you will also be burning calories. Go for a walk.

·         Watch your food portions - resolve never to "super size".

·         Got a sweet tooth? Try sugar-free gum, sugar-free hard candy, etc.

·         Cut back on or cut out caloric drinks such as soda, sweet tea, lemonade, etc. If you have a 20-oz bottle of cola every day, switch to diet cola. Or better yet switch to water and use sugar-free flavours to add some zest to the water.

·         Use a salad plate instead of a dinner plate.

·         Start eating breakfast. It helps you eat fewer total calories throughout the day.

·         Add just one fruit or veggie serving daily. Get comfortable with that and then add an extra serving and so on until you reach the recommended Canada Food Guide suggestions.

                                

These are all tips and hits that not only myself but everyone should taking into consideration when wanting to start living a healthier lifestyle. Something that I need to remember is that changes don’t happen overnight and if I really want to follow through with this healthy lifestyle I am going to change to be peasant. I believe it was also a good idea to start this kind of a change now before I get to university because it would be a lot easily to start now then it would to start later.

No comments:

Post a Comment